Annons:
Tagother-cute-stuff
Read 388 times
Evelina
2021-06-18 17:00

Cute amphibians

Image 1. Click to open in original size.
Preview of image 1 of 2
Preview of image 2 of 2

I just got back from the US yesterday. While on my trip, I went up to Washington from California. My brother moved into a brand new house, which is located across the street from a protected wetland. One day while crossing the street I noticed a small thing moving in the road. It was a small newt, something I have never seen before in my life. After taking a few photos, I returned it to the wetlands, because it was going in the wrong direction. While walking back to the house I saw a tiny frog on the front porch step. So I took some more photos and returned him to the wetlands too. They were both so cute!

Annons:
Niklas
2021-11-24 14:34

I didn’t know newt meant water salamander, which they are called in Sweden.

"…it was going in the wrong direction."

According to? 😂 It reminds me of a story my colleague, Staffan, recently told:

"Today when I sat in the car, the rain was pouring down. I drove slowly on a 30 km/h road and stopped when a woman got out of her car and was standing in the rain. I waved my hand to signal "you go ahead and cross the road", but she waved back a "no, you go instead". I refused and shook my head as a "no, I am not driving until you have crossed the road". Then she started laughing and crossed to the other side of the road. I rolled by and saw in the rearview mirror that she went back to her car. She wasn't done there…"

My mother has a pond in her garden. Newts are living there. In Sweden, they are a protected species. That means you are not allowed to harm or move them or their habitat. Planned roads and buildings have been halted when newts have been found on construction sites.

Best regards, Niklas 🎈

Evelina
2021-11-25 17:19

They are protected there was well. The habitat in front of his house is not allowed to be disturbed. By the wrong direction I meant it was going towards that house up to the front door and away from the habitat. He has three cats it surely would have been eaten or at least tortured.

Scroll to top
Annons: